Monday, November 12, 2012

Overdue Visit

This weekend just gone I went up to Chester to visit Dad and Gill, as the keen-eyed among you would have spotted from the notes to this extent in my posts at the tail end of last week. I'd long planned on going up before Chrissi and I went away for Thanksgiving, but at the same time was trying to balance this with driving lessons which I can only really do at the weekend.

By good fortune my driving instructor was unable to do a lesson this weekend (instead I booked one in for this evening) - so I booked tickets to head up instead. I surprisingly managed to get away for an early train (10:10 from Euston) which landed me in Chester a little after midday.

It was a pleasant couple of days - both relaxing and pleasant. We went out for a walk around Chester on the Saturday, and headed slightly further afield on the Sunday to West Kirby where we initially walked around the sailing club lake, and then along the coast for a few miles - stopping at a visitor centre at the furthest point of our walk, where there was a small coffee shop doing a roaring trade in superb coffee and excellent cake.

It was a very enjoyable couple of days - I headed back south on the Sunday evening, getting home at a little before 10pm (which wasn't too bad as I'd headed off from theirs at around 6:15).

No comments: