Friday, November 02, 2012

Jolted Reminders

November 2nd is always a date that will forever stick with me, being the date of my mother's death now eleven years past. In previous years the main word I've used in my blog has been poignant - which is true, that it is a day when I am more tended to be reflective and thoughtful.

However, this year was notable as it was something that was sudden and a jolted reminder more than a planned one. While I had known all week long what the date was, being adept at understanding the calendar, at the same time it hadn't really occurred to me either as to the significance for me. It was only when I had wandered onto Facebook at a little after midnight in what was then early this morning that I noted a friend's birthday - which I have naturally as a result associated with the date, and that more than anything else was my prompt and reminder.

I'm not sure if this lack of clear thought in advance is significant - I don't think it is particularly - but I do know that over the last year I've chatted about this a lot more openly, with all of Chrissi, Rachel and my Dad. All of which means it's something I'm a lot more comfortable with than I have been in previous years, and better able to deal with.

1 comment:

Relaya said...

I'm glad to hear it is getting easier even if only a little or comfortable I guess.