Monday, November 19, 2012

As We Speak

One of the bizarre things about travelling in this direction is that the big changes in timezone confuse you as to exactly what day you are in and what is going on. I have this nagging suspicion that I've missed a day somewhere in the count of things - that while it is only Monday we should already be up to Tuesday.

This was most neatly proved by my monitoring of the test cricket over the weekend. As England are touring in India, the games are starting in what is the early hours in the UK. I had been following the third day's play from when I got up to when I left for the airport, catching up on the first session and a half and then keeping up from there.

However, by the time I got across to California after the eleven hour flight, making it back to the house from the airport, I was able to check my phone and on the same day, then start to follow the fourth day's play. This was very confusing to both start and finish the same day reading live updates from different day's cricket play in the same match.

Confused? Imagine how I felt considering I was jetlagged and tired at the same time!

No comments: