Monday, December 10, 2012

Storytime

One thing that I meant to note on Friday that escaped my memory at the time was that I spent a large amount of time on Friday writing stories. Sadly this isn't as exciting or as much a literary achievement as it would appear from the title. This was work, and as of such it wasn't particularly exciting - or at least no more so than usual.

The 'stories' are pieces that we are putting together for a development team elsewhere, which uses a slightly different documentation approach to us. To help them get to grips with the content, we're writing functionality as simple narratives of user journeys - what people want to do, what they do and what they see given certain conditions.

It's actually quite annoying to write - perhaps because I'm not as familiar with the format as I am with my standard documentation - but as you have to be particularly succinct and to the point, you end up spending a lot of time cutting down your writing as opposed to building it up.

So yes, I was writing stories at work. Another line I never expected to write on here.

No comments: