Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Paradoxical Lateness

This morning I arose with mild alarm to discover that I had massively outslept my alarm (it was 7:23 - I should be at least awake and about to get up at 6:30, and leaving the house by 7:15). This left me with an odd conundrum - I could drive and be on time - or close to - or take the train and be guaranteed to be late.

Considering I thought it was wiser to not drive as I was still mostly asleep, I ended up taking the train and being a fraction late - not that this mattered hugely. This proved a good decision on the way home as I fell asleep on the train - this is better than when you do so behind the wheel, I hear.

Tomorrow I'll try again with an earlier start, but as parking is in short supply in Godalming I'm a little afraid of spending hours driving around in search of somewhere to park! Which could be not particularly fun.

No comments: