Friday, December 07, 2012

Rip-roaring

This evening featured another high point of my week's sleep schedule as I came home and fell asleep on the couch at around 9:30pm. Chrissi and I had been watching the Adventures of Tintin film, which wasn't all bad - I was impressed with the effort they went to in portraying so many of the characters as well as they had been in the books. There were nice shots in the background too, particularly the caricaturist at the beginning when illustrations from the books were used.

Today is December 7th, which gave me the opportunity to inflict my fascinating fact for this date on new people. As all will know, December 7 1941 marked the attack on Pearl Harbor - a lesser known fact is that December 8, 1941 marked the beginning of the Japanese invasion of then-British-controlled Burma. However, as a result of the involvement of both timezones and the international date line, the invasion of Burma - nominally a day later on dates alone - actually took place two hours before the attack on Pearl Harbor.

I warned you it was fascinating. You were unprepared, admit it.

No comments: