Sunday, December 02, 2012

Return

So we landed around 10:30 this morning, made our way back through the airport - collecting luggage along the way - and via bus back home, returning at about 1:30 eventually.

The main event of today has so far been the cleaning of the fridge. I had gone to the freezer to take out the milk, to place in the fridge to thaw ready for breakfast tomorrow morning. I was greeted by an unpleasant smell, and it looked like there had been an outbreak of mould throughout, not to mention some of the milk seemed to have spilled across the tiny freezer.

I set about cleaning this up - wiping down all the surfaces, taking out and washing the shelves and door sections, all of which considerably easier as the fridge was mostly empty. When I got to the freezer itself, I discovered that the base was not covered with frozen spilled milk, as I had thought, but instead a pool of water. It was clear that it had not been on the entire trip away - which might explain the mould and the smell, now revealed to be two-week old milk.

A brief investigation revealed that the fridge was not faulty, at least. Instead on a tidying spree just before leaving I had accidentally caught the socket and switched it off at the plug. That might have been the cause!

So the unexpected story of today was a sudden cleaning spree, but it kept me busy and awake so I can't compain a huge amount!

1 comment:

Relaya said...

Oh happy happy joy joy. What a way to get off vacation. Sorry.

And yes.... I'm getting to reading these late. Been a bit scatterbrained of late.