Monday, September 24, 2012

Ten Minutes

So in ten minutes' time as I post, the next expansion for World of Warcraft, Mists of Pandaria goes live, and the servers will almost certainly descend into chaos. I was on a little earlier, and there were huge numbers of people on, waiting and milling around the main cities mostly.

Unlike last time, I'm not going to be joining in as the clock strikes midnight in Europe. A busy week means that I wouldn't have the time to play anyway, and to ensure this I pre-ordered the game from Amazon so that it would come in the post later in the week, averting temptation. [Although I realise I could give Chrissi the copy that came in the post, but anyway!]

To be honest, I'd rather wait a week before playing anyway. The zones will be crowded, people will be yelling and screaming, nothing will be enjoyable, the servers will be unpredictable in their performance - so instead I think I'll pop on and go through old zones when I am on in the next week, and apart from that wait until it arrives in the post and maybe give it a go at the weekend. By then likely everything will have calmed down a little!

No comments: