Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Ahoy Me Hearties!

Arrrrr! Today, landlubbers, be International talk like a pirate day. I shared this information with my colleagues and much pirate banter was exchanged, including asking whether projects were shipshape and noting that someone working from home was working in their rowboat. I also returned home this evening to a pirate day card from Mark, possibly the best card anyone can receive.

Also Today: Award for blissfully unaware irony goes to the person who on the train this evening had Blink 182's What's My Age Again? as their ringtone. Now, while they can still be entertaining - and I will admit that the the turn of the century's premier purveyers of puerile pop-punk are one of my guilty pleasures to listen to occasionally - having it as your ringtone is going to far in 2012.

In Other News: On my walk home from the station I was amused to see a flash sports car - it looked like a Lambourghini but I didn't quite catch it - driven twice at speed round a mini-roundabout. The driver - stereotypically wearing shades and staring at his reflection in the mirror - was, I am sure, imagining he was in a scene straight out of an advert, spinning in dramatic circles across the desert, speeding towards distant horizons as onlookers gasped in awe at his magnificent machine. In reality he was repeatedly circling a mini-roundabout in Surbiton looking like a tool.

No comments: