Saturday, September 22, 2012

Smashing Stereotypes

So after months and years of procrastinating and prevaricating, this weekend I finally got back into learning to drive and took my first driving lesson in nearly nine years. This went better than I expected considering how long it was since I have last gotten behind the wheel.

What is more amusing to note is my instructor, who I suspect originally hailed from north of the border. He had a Scottish accent, and when we swapped for me to do the driving, I noticed he had a tattoo on his right arm with the legend 'Scotland' and what appeared to be a thistle. At a later point I realised that he was also wearing tartan shorts.

To complete the picture, towards the end of the lesson his phone rang. It was playing bagpipe music. Sometimes people don't help themselves by playing up to the stereotypes.

No comments: