Saturday, September 08, 2012

Relaxing Saturdays

Today was another not-much-accomplished-but-then-it-didn't-need-to-be-we-can-sort-it-out-tomorrow Saturday. The most successful normal thing accomplished was several loads of washing and some cleaning - but a fun day for relaxing and doing not much.

Main highlights were Doctor Who in the evening - which I will avoid spoilers on for Isa's benefit (Dinosaurs on a Spacecraft!) - and a new game purchased yesterday which Chrissi and I played and enjoyed. It's a little odd that I need to clarify that the game in question is a board game - in fact, I've bought four board games since the last time I bought a computer game. Surprising!

The game in question was titled Cyclades, and is set in Ancient Greece as you battle for control of various islands with the aid of triremes, hoplites, mythological creatures such as Pegasus, the Minotaur or the Kraken (release the Kraken!), and the intervention of gods such as Athena and Zeus. It was a fun game, although I think the second run through when we actually know the rules will be a huge advantage - having to change how we were doing things halfway through because we didn't actually know what we should be doing.

All in all, a successful day.

1 comment:

Relaya said...

I thought I read this entry days ago, but I guess I only read the title before taking off with Dad... But seeing the Doctor riding a dino and them playing fetch was hilarious! :-P

A Greek themed game? Sounds awesome. Probably over my head in actual play but the idea of the theme sounds awesome! :-D