Monday, September 10, 2012

Notable Dates

I was walking back to the station from work this evening when I recalled that today neatly marked eleven years since I started sixth form college. The reason for this recollection was that I now work in Godalming, which was where I went to college all those years ago, and so it was a familiar route.

The actual reason for prompting my thinking was seeing trails of broken eggs and some flour on the road down to the station - it used to be a tradition, and apparantly still is, that the students from the upper sixth would politely welcome their younger co-students in such charming fashion. Makes me somewhat glad I was running late this morning and missed the college rush trains, as with my youthful looks I could probably still be mistaken for a college student.

In other, perhaps more significant date notes, today also marks nine years since Chrissi and I started dating - although as I was discussing with someone at work the other day, because of the way our relationship started online, it was less that we started dating and more that we decided that we were dating. Still, nine years is a decent amount in any case!

Since you ask, the ninth anniversary gift is traditionally pottery in the US, and copper in the UK. Considering I am living in the UK as a Brit married to an American who I married in America, I have no idea which is the one I should be using, but either way we went with chinese takeaway, which is a far better anniversary gift than both!

No comments: