Thursday, September 27, 2012

At Work; One Phonecall

So to follow on from yesterday's blog about two messages, the second part in this two-part show came with a phonecall at work around 10am. The call was from Dad, as he and Gill had been staying with us last evening (and this one) - and I already suspected what the call would be. Sadly I cannot report it verbatim.

In short, both Chrissi and I had gone to work that morning, and had locked the door behind us. I'd like to share the blame, but as I left first, me leaving it locked or unlocked wouldn't have made much difference. This locked door cannot be opened from the inside without keys.

After a couple of messages to Chrissi, as she works closer, he had called me. Fortunately I managed to guide him to the spare keys kept in case of such an emergency. They let themselves out of the house and managed to get on with the day. A considerable amount of chuckling was had, however!

No comments: