Thursday, September 16, 2010

Irony Strikes

So today I took the afternoon off work to have a go at fixing my computer. The reason for the half-day off was so that I could access the support as well while I do it - all very sensible, I'm sure you agree.

I got home at 2:30ish and did little for a while besides grabbing lunch. Then I went upstairs to have a go at fixing it. I thought I'd try a couple of things myself just to confirm it wouldn't behave - which sure enough, I was correct with. However, via an option hidden in startup repair I managed to get back in and load a system restore point.

I reinstalled programs, experiencing no issues. However, a short while ago an issue befell me. It was the same that had affected me before - the light blue screen over the top of everything. This time I had a warning just before and it recovered, which helpfully points that there's something not quite working. Sadly, I didn't realise what it was and so didn't note the error message that told me it had recovered from an error.

So this is the scenario now. My computer is back where it was - i.e. nowhere. The error appeared again, but with at least a little more of a clue as to where it comes from - and after 5pm, so I can't even call for support.

I will have to pick this up on Saturday most likely, fortunately they have a support open on the weekends.

No comments: