Monday, September 06, 2010

Blow By Blow Updates

So while I commented last week - although perhaps not here - about the somewhat amusing nature of receiving an automated status update at 3am about how my new computer was progressing, I am now going to switch to a more favourable viewpoint.

Both today and yesterday I have received updates as to the progress. First I got an update that it was being built. Today I got an update that it had finished being built and was now undergoing testing. On the order tracking on the site, not only can you see how it is progressing, but who is actually undertaking the various tasks. This is a nice touch.

At the current rate, it's likely that I'll have my computer for the coming weekend. This pretty much books out the weekend in getting it up and running, installing software, setting things up and basically then having done that, going back to full-time online procrastination.

Should be fun!

No comments: