Sunday, August 11, 2013

Weekend Recap

After a good run, I've had two days without blogs mainly due to different excuses - the first because we were out on Friday, the second because I was simply lazy / inept / etc yesterday.

Friday night we were out in Wimbledon to commemorate / celebrate Myles' moving next week with a farewell-to-the-area drinks. As there were several of us who used to work together (in addition to other friends of his) it was nice to catch up with others who I hadn't seen recently. It was an enjoyable evening if a rather bizarre choice of venue - the only pub / similar venue in Wimbledon where you could book a table was also hosting a blues band. Supposedly atmospheric but mainly just a little annoying.

Yesterday's laziness also happened either side of the visit to the gym for our second training session. This included playing on different machinery - mostly with names I forget but prompted you to chest press or stretch or something similar. It was a 40-50 minute workout which was tiring but good; and we returned home feeling both tired and well exercised as a result. There was little else achieved yesterday either - mainly some relaxation.

Today I managed to wake up with a really bad pain in my neck - the result of falling asleep on the couch last night while watching the baseball. I've aimed to do little and achieved less, and as there's another baseball game on at an opportune time to watch I may end up migrating over to the couch and watching that instead!

No comments: