Saturday, August 03, 2013

Unexpected Places To Be

So after a long absence almost entirely based around laziness and heat-prompted demotivation, I thought I might pick up my metaphorical pen and write another blog entry.

Today the main achievement was that Chrissi and I went for our gym induction. Yes, I too find this hard to believe - I am now a member of a gym. We joined last week - there was a special offer on and with a joint membership not only is it ridiculously cheap for the first month and a bit, but it also will hopefully help in allowing us to motivate each other.

As well as this we also had our first of five half-hour individual sessions, which are included as part of the deal. It meant that I actually got to play on some of the gym equipment (rowing machine: decent, crosstrainer: incomprehensible), which considering that as a 28 year old I've never properly been to a gym was rather novel.

The membership covers both pool-and-gym so means that I [should] have much better prompting for early-morning swims as I am already paying for it! It's still not too hard to get from there to work - although it wouldn't be as easy as the early-morning drive to near work and then the journey from there to work that I have done of late. However, the gym near to work doesn't have a special offer there!

No comments: