Monday, August 26, 2013

Playlist Challenge II: Roads

This week's efforts in playlist composition (I'm thinking about making this a regular event, as long as I can think of enough options) comes from the more mundane theme of roads and road types. I'm not quite sure what made me settle on this theme, but noticing a common theme in 'things that are travelled along' used in song titles, I wanted to see how far I could get. I came up with the following, again sticking with my approach not to repeat a theme item across multiple songs:

U2 - Where The Streets Have No Name
Foo Fighters - Long Road to Ruin
Green Day - Boulevard of Broken Dreams
AC/DC - Highway to Hell
Goo Goo Dolls - Broadway
Tom Robinson - 2 4 6 8 Motorway
Eddy Grant - Electric Avenue
Chuck Berry - Route 66

There are likely many bands whose name matches the theme - one that comes to mind from recently is The Streets - but the so-glaringly-obvious-it'd-be-a-crime-not-to-mention-it candidate for the album on the same topic is Bob Dylan's Highway 61 Revisited.

I slightly cheated on this one by looking up the artists for a couple of the songs which I could remember but didn't know who they were by. I doubt anyone cares.

No comments: