Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Mysterious Missive

I noted on Friday that I'd received a surprise letter the previous day, which required a signature and therefore required me to go and collect it. While this had initially surprised me, by the time I got to the Saturday and headed down to the local delivery office I had figured out what it was.

Contained within the envelope were our tickets to the Live at Jodrell Bank show in just over a week - I had been starting to wonder how we got or where we got the tickets. It is quite sensible though that as we had booked in February they would only start sending out the tickets a couple of weeks in advance to avoid people losing tickets!

I could try and explain what the Jodrell Bank Live event is, but I'm not entirely sure! It features music and science at an all-day festival housed at the giant Jodrell Bank telescope. The headliners of the event we are going to are the immense Icelandic band Sigur Ros who I find fantastic. It should be something to look forward to, and the weather forecast itself is even good! That in itself is worth celebrating - as we'll be outside most of the evening at least.

I'll definitely add a couple of blogs at the end of the month about this, and may even include a couple of pictures to help provide context. I usually roll my eyes aggressively at people who feel the need to photograph their gig-going, but this is a bit different so I may want to take a couple of shots myself. More at the end of next week!

No comments: