Friday, October 05, 2012

Working From Home

Today I was working from home - there was a document I needed to spend most of the day working on and as a result I freed myself from distractions around the office and set up at home instead.

Now, one of the great things about working from home is that you don't need to actually go to work. You're already there. You can work in bed if you choose. With that in mind, it's quite impressive that I managed to be late to work despite already effectively being at work - I dozed a little longer than intended and so actually only started work at 9:10 instead of the half hour earlier I'd intended and the ten minutes earlier that I should have done.

It does have its advantages mind - working the morning in my dressing gown and pyjamas being one of them. Not feeling the need to constantly snack or get coffee or water, which also results in less work being done, is another. The fact it's raining now and I have no commute home in it? Very satisfying!

1 comment:

Relaya said...

Yeah, Mom loves working from home. Work attire...bummers or pjs. Lunch breaks can be spent napping in bed. TV for background noise. Filling up the gas tank trips are few and far between. And the commute is so easy! Only an occasional kitty traffic jam from her room to the living room where desk is. :-P