Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Notes From The Commute

I'm almost convinced I could make a passable short blog solely from my observations on the train and on my commute in the morning and back in the evening. A few to share with you this week:

The Word: Monday morning I was sat in the waiting room at Surbiton when the mobile phone of the person next to me rang. Their ringtone was amusingly The Trashmen's Surfin' Bird (You could also probably make a semi-decent blogging effort if you just noted down everyone's ringtone when it rang near you and added a bit of commentary). This was of course excellent, but more annoyingly this was then stuck in my head the entire way to work.

Pyjama Wednesday: This morning I suspected I had either noticed a new fashion trend or that a lot of the kids on the train going to college were wearing pyjamas. It was only a couple so I ignored it, but it did nag at me - and at lunchtime I saw several more walking around when I headed out to buy a couple of things, again wearing pyjama bottoms. This was quite surreal - the most absurd example being someone wearing a one-piece Hello Kitty pyjama outfit. Doesn't make much sense to me, so I hope it was a theme day. I really hope it was a theme day.

Head Down, Phone Out: The site of someone walking, head down and phone out being played with or being used for texting is fairly common nowadays. This evening I sighted someone who was not just walking with one phone in their hand in front of them, but had two phones out, one in each hand. I have no idea what they were doing.

More in commuting tales coming soon!

No comments: