Monday, October 15, 2012

Congratulations and Misgivings

One thing I should do today is congratulate one of my good friends Sid on getting married yesterday. It's an excellent achievement to find someone who will be amused by and tolerate his own loveable brand of hyperactic randomness. I wish them all the best.

The misgivings are simply because I wasn't able to be there - not for reasons of convenience, distance or clashing schedules, but just as I was never invited in the first place. This was genuinely both a surprise and a disappointment, and while I try not to be too bothered by it it's still a bit frustrating. I've mainly dealt with this by charitably putting it down to him not having my new address and an invite getting lost in the post or ending at a destination where I'm not known, although I'm not sure it's true.

I know there are plenty of reasons why I may not have made a list - he was a good friend but Sid always had many friends everywhere, and I think he could easily have filled several guest lists. But as I said - disappointing.

No comments: