Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Autumnal Weather

This week was supposed to see a revival in warm weather - it was meant to be a bit brighter, a bit warmer and overall a bit nicer. As it has turned out, none of the above seems to apply; the last three days it's been misty, with very poor visibility. It's been damp throughout - never raining solidly, but constantly wetness in the air. Not unpleasant - it's actually rather refreshing - but a bit miserable all the same!

It was the same weather on Sunday too, when Chrissi and I went out to see QPR vs Everton in the afternoon. It was misting and slightly damp the entire game - which didn't add to the spectacle. It was honestly a rather dire game, without too much of note - the two goals were a deflected shot (for QPR) and a header from a free kick that rebounded off the base of the post, hit the keeper's back and mockingly rolled over the line. Nothing else of note really happened either - it was a fairly dull, tight and cagey game. Nice to get out and watch a game though, it must be a good ten years since I've done so.

I also didn't notice that yesterday was my 650th blog post - not insubstantial, considering it doesn't seem that long ago that I was merely writing my 600th. Since restarting I've not done too badly, as it turns out.

No comments: