Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Mundane Return

After a very pleasant weekend, today was a very mundane return to the regular routine and to work. The fact of an extended weekend is that instead of the week feeling shorter, it feels longer by virtue of not being best pleased at working again for the rest of the week!

While I'll fill in the blanks from the weekend in due course, instead I'll add in a random event from today; on going for a walk at lunchtime, there was - what with it coming up to Halloween - a life-size figure of Death in the window of a toy shop, with its hand raised as if in greeting. My natural reaction was to say to myself, but out loud, "Hi Death," and then worryingly I quickly followed that with a note that I was uttering a greeting to the Grim Reaper and not talking about a type of television.

It's a little disturbing that I corrected and clarified that to myself ...

No comments: