Thursday, October 04, 2012

Pre-Planned Significant Point

While October 4th is not a notable date by any traditional means - it does not commemorate a significant event in the past on that date, nor the same day from a different month, and nor is it a celebration of some saint or national holiday - it has an odd significance for me.

I realised when writing my blog on our dating anniverary that I was 27 and at that point we had been together for 9 years, so that marked nearly a third of my life. Being a romantic pedant (one of the oddest combination of words you'll see in this blog for a while), I realised that that was inaccurate due to when my birthday was, so a little calculation resorted to this date as the official point where I have spent over a third of my life with Chrissi.

For those interested in the maths, which is nobody, the count is 9 years and 24 days with versus 18 years and 47 days without. The halfway mark will therefore be October 27th, 2021 - if I'm still blogging then I'll try and remember to point it out!

No comments: