Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Odd Schedule

After the bank holiday weekend, the Tuesday is always a little confusing and so hard to fit into the schedule. You suspect that it's not really a work day, or are still in the weekend mode even though it is by now well into the week.

This evening after a not-particularly busy or hectic day at work, I sat or lay on the couch and rested early on, idly reading some of the news on my phone. I think there needs to be a new portmanteau to indicate half sitting, half laying. Litting? Slaying? Perhaps not. Lounging is the closest to fitting the bill but implies some vague insouciance of cool, as if when using this word your hair should also be tousled - everything about you being a deliberately unkempt version of chaos theory to demonstrate your edginess and comforming nonconformity.

Besides this, I fell asleep for a while. Insouciant loungers do not fall asleep. This pattern repeated itself throughout the evening as I dozed, woke up and thought 'was I sleeping?' before resuming my slumbering position. I then awoke at somewhere close to 11:30 realising that I was if not fully awake, then not quite as sleepy as I had been.

This does not bode well for the sleep to come tonight, of course. I anticipate a long game of watching the ceiling in a staring contest that I can never win. It's warmer too, which won't encourage me to doze off. Hopefully I can still get up early enough without feeling too tired!

No comments: