Saturday, May 11, 2013

Musical Notes

As I listen to the radio much more nowadays - at home, at work and most frequently while in the car - I hear a lot more music and a much wider range of music than I used to, which means I pick up some interesting new bands or songs now and again. They're new to me at least, so I share them because that's how this thing works.

Frank Turner's Recovery is one of my favourite songs around at the moment, it's well written and nicely upbeat; a song that's likely a bit better known but I'll include as it just came on the radio as I was writing this and also warrants a mention is Pasenger's Let Her Go. There's a new song by Haim, who I previously mentioned on my last musical run-through, titled Falling which is a bit softer and a good grower, and I'm also enjoying Of Monsters and Men's Little Talks which you should definitely watch the video for as it's very bizarre. The final offering from songs I've recently enjoyed is Chocolate by The 1975s - this is also worth mentioning for the way they work the line "That's what she said" seamlessly into the lyrics. The lyrics also frequently feature the word 'petticoats'.

Speaking of good lyrics, I was recently listening to the fantastic modern classic that is One Week by the Barenaked Ladies, and was inspired enough to look up the lyrics as to what on earth they actually sing. They're fantastic, do have a search and a chuckle.

No comments: