Thursday, May 30, 2013

More Milestones

Yesterday's blog was actually the 750th blog I've posted - I'm now three quarters of the way to the four-digit milestone. After a slow start to the year and random dips, I've suddenly picked up activity once more. I am actually enjoying writing again, which is always something I want to enjoy more than I actually get around to doing!

This evening I headed to the airport to pick up Iggy, our friend from Croatia (yet another that we know through our long-dead game originally - and know better through more recent games that we have played together). After deciding to fly into London (in part to visit us, in part to sightsee, in part to attend a meetup for his WoW guild that I am also in), he has opted for Stansted because flights were cheaper. Of course, this is almost precisely the opposite side of London to where we live, so extremely awkward to meet and collect.

Travelling across London is complicated and presents other difficulties in multiple transport connections via just about every method possible, with the likelihood of all going smoothly being slim. Meeting at the end of this would also be challenging. So after much deliberation and review, I hit upon an inspired plan - he would take the airport link coach from Stansted to Heathrow, and either myself or Chrissi (me as it turned out) would meet him there. It's near to us, easy to meet there at central points and lacks confusing instructions to follow.

And so it came to pass. Yet another triumph for me and my organisation.

No comments: