Friday, May 17, 2013

If This Hasn't Been Written About, I Claim The Idea As Mine

This morning I didn't manage to leave home early to head for a swim despite the best of intentions. This would have marked the second time this week I would have gone swimming, as I went on Monday - while in theory this happens two-three times per week, it's happened barely once or twice a month. This week therefore gets marked as an unrivalled success just for one trip!

Part of my inspiration for my sudden burst of activity is derived from an event at work which I'm sure is taken straight from a book targetted at teenage girls. If not, it should be, and I claim copyright over any such work derived from this tale.

While I am well known for my fondness for the odd biscuit at work, or similar, I have never been especially concerned at this because I was not alone in making regular visits to the biscuit tin. In the same notion, while I've always held vaguely targetted goals of 'losing weight' or 'getting into somewhat better shape', I've never quite had the motivation to actually do anything about it. However, I recently thought that I may have been too self-concious, as a [female] colleague also had a hint of a stomach showing without any seeming concern, I considered I may be overthinking it.

So last week said colleague announces that she's three months pregnant. Suddenly I have a new issue that I'm comparing a reasonable body shape with someone who's own stomach size is being foetally assisted. As a result I've managed to push myself a little more firmly this week into actually doing something about it!

No comments: