Sunday, July 12, 2009

Week of Activity

So for a change, my lack of updating this week has not been through boredom or nothing to say, but actually lots of things meaning I've not even been here.

Firstly, during the week I've been busy at work, and then in the evenings too - Thursday was poker night, which ended in a triumph for me which puts me top of the leaderboard. Friday was intended to be a team social, but a gradual thinning of numbers just resulted in a few of us going out for a drink instead. Still very pleasant.

Saturday was busy too. First up was lunch with Tim, Paul and Mike, Tim being back in Woking for a while. This was very enjoyable and it was good to see Tim again, as I've not caught up with him for far too long. This sort of thing admittedly does happen when people move away, but I still always feel slightly remiss for it.

I went straight up from this to London to meet Dad and my cousins, Armaan and Alyia. They are in London for the week as a graduation present for Armaan (high school graduation. Not university. I don't get it either!). I've not seen them for probably nine years, so it was a little bit of a shock for me! The last time I remember them, Armaan was 8 and wanting to play with lego, and Alyia would have been six and demanding Rachel play with barbies with her. They are now both distinctly not six and eight.

It was a really enjoyable afternoon/evening, all considered, and it was nice to catch up with them. It gives me another motivation to do the 'promised' trip to see Chrissi via meeting family in Canada, which I've been talking about for a while but never actually done. Perhaps I'll try that for October!

No comments: