Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Only in England ...

It strikes me as bizarre that the rules and regulations for uploading a passport-style picture to get a Young Person's Railcard are stricter than those to get an actual passport. Well, so it seems from the rules anyway.

Today was another tremendously successful orange shirt day. Because at the moment the prospect of ironing is fighting a losing battle, it will almost certainly be followed by a red shirt day tomorrow. Sadly, I can't continue the colour spectrum into Thursday.

So, it's my birthday on Saturday! Who knew? As it strikes the 'inbetween' weekend, bookended by Mark's stag do and wedding, I'd looked upon it as a week off. Now I need to somewhat plan something or at least think of a list of presents or other things I may like. Refer back to last year and the phenomenally failed effort to get myself organised on this front, and you'll get an idea of the sort of lax attitude I have to things that I want.

1 comment:

Lorelei said...

This is why I've stopped bothering to ask you what you want years ago. It just takes less effort to watch the things you take interest in over the year and buy it pre-birthday. I think I have a stack for several holidays, and I add to it anytime I see something cause I know you will be of no use :P