Friday, July 03, 2009

Followers! Readers! Minions!

I debate on how many of the above are true. A discussion this evening at the pub (the fabled Badger Rib of old, properly termed the Bridge Barn) mentioned my blog. Apparantly people read it, which is still a shock to me. I'm delighted though, it's nice to know that people actually care enough to bother to read. It makes me think I should put more care into what I write here to reciprocate!

While mentioning this evening, it would be appropriate to mention that it was a most enjoyable time. It's always good to catch up with people, and I am remiss in not making the effort as much as I should. This is something that I keep intending to do and then always feel guilty about afterwards. However, with two social engagements over the upcoming month - first Mark's stag do, and then his wedding - that takes care of two weekends for me. But I must make the effort more. Learning to drive would also b a good start, eventually, if only to win the battle with Mike on this front - but would also open up more potentialities.

I'm sitting here next to my open window enjoying the cool breeze. The warm spell has broken a little today - last night it was somewhat spectacular to watch through my open window as I saw the sky lit up with distant lightening like some ethereal imagery.

Thus ends a tiring week - both at work (covering for my line manager who was off along with general busy activities), and in addition to that the sweltering heat. As has been my pattern recently, I'm trying to do more at weekends. I'll see what I get done tomorrow!

No comments: