Monday, September 09, 2013

Well Known

So today was the first day at the new office in Reading, and this was marked by our new co-residents in the building (HR and Finance) welcoming us with cake. I'm sure this was (a) not necessarily pure generousity but had been arranged on our behalf by the management that had moved us here and (b) entirely planned based on the knowledge of our fondness for cake, chocolates, baked goods and general sweet things. There were carrot, chocolate and lemon flavour cakes offered - I only sampled the carrot cake, but that was good.

The main inconvenience of the move, the increased journey was definitely exacerbated today by the fact that I wasn't fully familiar with all the routes, shortcuts and sneaky ways around the worst of the traffic that need to be followed to make any journey bearable. As a result I managed to get stuck in four separate traffic jams - two on the way in, two on the way back, and three of them due to roadworks that I simply didn't know about to be able to avoid (the fourth being simply good ol' M25 congestion). Tomorrow should be at least a smoother journey as I'm at least aware of what I'm facing!

No comments: