Friday, September 13, 2013

Repeat Trips

Today marked the second day in succession when I headed to Raynes Park. Yesterday's trip was motivated by poker, and due to bad traffic avoiding an accident, and then planning a shorter route but then losing my route twice (and effectively bypassing my shortcuts in the process) I arrived considerably later than planned! Having arrived this much later I made a strong effort to stay in as long as possible to make my trip worthwhile - not only because I wanted to do well, but a quick blowout would have made the long journey even more ridiculous!

Today I was in Wimbledon for work, and as it had been mentioned yesterday that folks were going out for drinks tonight I thought I would gatecrash and invite myself along - as I was located so close! In the end, for bonus irony it ended up that people headed into Wimbledon after a couple of hours so I returned home at that point (as did Chrissi, who had joined me after a kind-hearted invite only because she thought it was my way of sneaking a lift home despite my driving in the first place). A good evening to catch up with people and good to see some less-frequent faces, but I can also increasingly tell I've been gone for nigh on two years and there has been turnover in those who are there.

No comments: