Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Learning the Routes

Over the past three days I've experimented with at least five different routes over the six trips to and from work, with varying degrees of success. I've definitely ruled out a couple and am increasingly coming to terms with the realisation that I will have to face the M25 in rush hour twice a day.

One thing that is a positive is that I do have flexibility in terms of timing as to precisely when I leave and arrive at work (providing I am at least working my core hours and do all my hours I am due to work within the day!). It means that even once I settle on a likely route I then have the entertaining variety of changing my departure time to try and find the optimal point for both leaving and departing. It's a balancing act, as the earlier I leave the better my traffic is on the way in, but the more I hit rush hour on the way home instead.

For the moment I'm getting by with a grudging tolerance of this. Tomorrow I'm due to leave earlier so as to get there in plenty of time so I can leave early in the evening - all with the aim of making it back to Raynes Park in time for poker around 6:30ish. It's going to be a little ambitious but should be achieveable, although as I write this I recall that I haven't actually filled up my tank tonight, which I should have done, and as I've likely not got enough for a full trip this would be sensible to attend to prior to departure.

So an even earlier alarm time it is.

No comments: