Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Most Complicated Plans

So as you may be aware my wedding is in California, and some of my family are kindly making the trip over to see me get married - very nice, I have to say.

However, what amuses me considerably is that without doubt the most complicated thing to organise of the entire event is precisely what my Dad is doing. Dad, Gill and Rachel are sensibly taking the opportunity, once in the US, to actually do something before heading back straight away. Perfectly good idea because it's a long way to go only to turn around and come straight back.

The plans have been creative, from the specific train they had to take from somewhere on the San Francisco Bay to Chicago (shelved), a trip back flying to New York (shelved) or Washington (shelved), or possibly hiring a car and driving up the coast to San Fransisco, Oregon and all the way to Seattle, flying back from there (latest plan to be shelved - too much driving!).

The current plan, which I this weekend suggested and am actually surprised this hasn't been previous considered - a more realistic driving trip around California, still seeing the Big Sur coastline and San Francisco, but then looping around through Sacremento, Northern California, possibly Yosemite and finishing with a couple of days in Vegas. Much more manageable, much less driving and probably a good deal more enjoyable too.

We'll see if this plan will also be shelved, but they are running out of time somewhat! I'm grateful my own part of the organisation is considerably more straightforward!

No comments: