Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Cursed Inspiration Timing

I've been pondering over a problem for a couple of days at work now. This has been on-and-off over the last month. I have to draw out the requirements for a major development that noone is quite sure what it is and what it does, and have been constantly presented with this stumbling block - just what are we doing? And why are we wanting to do it?

But suddenly, tonight, after having this in the back of my mind for most of today, I was walking back from the busstop on the way home. And out of nowhere, inspiration strikes, and I think I have an idea that I think would be quite neat. Out of nowhere, I seem to have possibly a clue as to what to do here. I don't know the solution, but I think I may have accidentally defined the problem.

So I've now just gotten home, and am having to really fight the temptation to log into work and start exploring this further. It can wait until tomorrow.

Why couldn't I have these ideas at the START of the day!?

No comments: