Friday, October 16, 2009

Timing is Everything

So one of the things I was excited about for being in America at this time of year was that I'd catch the baseball post-season. As the Angels made the playoffs this year, this would be a fabulous opportunity to experience that.

So what happens? Well, the Angels sweep the Red Sox, meaning that I miss a potential game five. Then they end up facing the Yankees, who by virtue of their superior regular season record, host four of seven in New York. The games in Anaheim? Um, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. The flaw? I fly out again Monday morning!

I managed to be here for an entire week in the middle of post-season, yet it has conspired to keep me from seeing a game live. Bah!

2 comments:

Relaya said...

LOL! I mean Awwwww....

Lorelei said...

To be fair, it's only in your own best health interest. I'm pretty sure if we lost while at a game, my parents would have thrown you over the edge.