Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Shocking

Day two of the week has been as bizarre as day one, although in different ways.

I came home to find that although the lights worked, no electrical appliance in the house was turned on. I looked at the trip switches to see if one had gone, and couldn't see it (turns out there was another one I wasn't aware of later). Good thing I wasn't, because had I spent all evening hunting around the house for the problem, I'd have hunted in vain.

After Dad returned from an evening out, we did get a hunt going and we did eventually find the issue - the wire to the fountain in the fishpond outside had frayed and therefore got in the water, and tripped the whole circuit. This has all the hallmarks of a cat.

Net result was this evening I spent sleeping, which was probably necessary anyway.

No comments: