Monday, October 26, 2009

Card Woes

So by virtue of my unbridled generousity, I had a tiresome morning. Essentially, Chrissi and I were looking at new laptops, and one seemed to have a good deal, so I attempted to purchase it. Due to the site only allowing purchases from the US, this wasn't too successful for me.

However, an unintended consequence! It registered the attempt and my card was blocked. So when I got to the station this morning with a grand total of 16p in my pocket, it wouldn't let me buy a train ticket with my card. Or allow me to withdraw cash.

So I had a bit of a difficulty getting into work due to 'no money' to purchase a ticket with! I talked to the bank once they opened, had a call from the fraud prevention office later in the day, and my card is now working again fine. All it meant was that I had to work from home today. But an unnecessary hassle, all things considered!

No comments: