Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Essential Purchase

So today I made the essential purchase of an ice scraper at lunch, simply to spare myself a repeat of the ridiculous journey that I made this morning. Consider:

  • I leave house and walk down the road to Chrissi's car; opening car I then retrieve ice scraper from Chrissi's car, locking it behind me and continuing on my way.
  • Walk down road to my car; open car, heat it while I do the essential ice scraping of the frost from the windows.
  • Switch off and lock car, return up road to Chrissi's car. Open her car, return ice scraper for when she leaves, lock car.
  • Return to my car.

  • It was at this point that I remembered that I hadn't put the recycling out, but at that point I'd done too many journeys back and forth up and down the road that I thought the recycling would do just fine on its own inside for a week and left it at that.

    No comments: