Monday, August 27, 2012

Graphical Woe

I've recently begun to suspect that there's something not quite right with my computer. It seems to be having issues - likely graphics card ones - to the extent that odd things such as scrolling in a browser window can lead to a temporary pause, the display blanking and then recovering. A minor annoyance, but not significent.

More irritatingly, it now doesn't let me play World of Warcraft for more than 10-15 minutes without crashing my entire display and never recovering. While a neat moderation-enforcing feature, it's frustrating and somewhat restricting if you actually want to do anything.

Today I've updated the graphics card drivers - it's since been okay but I haven't really pushed it - and I have a support ticket in to be reviewed tomorrow from where I originally got the computer - seeing if they can recommend anything else.

[As an aside, I know I didn't blog yesterday. I've now decided to be sensible enough that I only actually blog when there's something to add, as opposed to writing nothing just for the sake of it. Yesterday I had absolutely nothing to write!]

No comments: