Sunday, February 06, 2011

Follow Up - Reporting Success

After yesterday's comments on my essential shopping trip today I felt the need to provide a follow up and update on my progress.

After a delayed start - I had planned to go into town before lunch, but in the end that changed to after lunch - I set off with a sense of urgency. If I hadn't left at that point, I would have not made it in time. This is the proof of how much I enjoy my shopping trips, particularly for clothes shopping.

Having walked in at a reasonable pace, I set off in pursuit of my targets. I required a pair of jeans, preferably two. A new jumper wouldn't be a bad addition, and ensuring I have sufficient underwear is always a key aim in life. After metaphorically gasping in horror at the price of designer jeans I eventually went for some cut price variants after a little shopping around. The total shopping trip landed me with all of the required items, at a net cost of £17 (although there were gift cards contributing towards this).

All in all, success. Hopefully I won't have to go shopping again in the near future, it isn't my favourite activity.

No comments: