Thursday, June 10, 2010

Normalising the Routine

So this is the first blog for a while, only the second since I've been back, the first one of June and really the first 'home' blog. Perhaps I've not been blogging because I don't want to pretend I'm home and if I don't, I'm still on holiday?

Unlikely - although in all routines I've liked to pretend I'm still on holiday!

Irrelevant of the minimal motivation, I have had a couple of not so busy weeks to talk about, and there has been a little lack of inspiration. Tonight was poker night, which followed this underwhelming theme as there were only a handful of people. I played a bit differently tonight having read some poker books and magazines while on holiday. It worked out quite well and was fun, and was doing nicely until I hit a bad beat with a Q-8 in against a Q-7 when my opponent hit a 7 on the river.

Tomorrow marks the start of the World Cup and possibly some more regular blogging - that one the jury is out on though! One day at a time.

No comments: