Sunday, May 30, 2010

So, To Sum Up Quickly

I've not done of these for a while, mainly because I've been better updating at my blog recently - however, as I haven't been providing updates through actually some things happening! To summarise:

(1) Flight Issues
There were some issues getting to Winnipeg from LA. When I arrived at the airport, I went through security fine, got to my gate and only to find that they had overbooked my flight. This meant that there wasn't enough space on it for several people - including myself! I was rebooked onto a flight the following day, and instead I spent the evening with Chrissi and had another attempt on Thursday.

As it turned out, this was a good thing - my flight I didn't get on was delayed to such an extent that I'd never have met my connection in Denver and would instead have been stuck there overnight!

(2) Luggage Issues
So I got there on Thursday, at the second attempt - via a quick stop in Denver and a 6am flight from Los Angeles, which meant being up at 4:15am for this! I was fully tired by the end of it. However, my luggage was not so fortunate. It only made it as far as Denver before being mislaid. In hindsight I'm more phlegmatic about the lost luggage, it happens. But it was annoying being without my bag for a couple of days, eventually getting it on the Friday evening the day before I was due to leave!

(3) Oh, And Positive Things Too
Well, amongst the confusion and complaining of my airline niggles, I should highlight that I had a very enjoyable time in Canada with family. It was nice to catch up with people, some of which I'd seen recently - others of whom I had either not seen for 15 years or who were young enough that they had been born since I had last been there! Having someone who was not born the last time you were there being taller than you is somewhat surprising!

It was an enjoyable few days, anyway, and nice to catch up with family. The goal is to repeat this in less than the fifteen years it took since my last trip.


I'm now back in the UK, having arrived back this morning on an overnight flight from Montreal. The main activity I have done since then is sleep!

1 comment:

Relaya said...

Glad travel wasn't TOO bad.. Well apart from the luggage. I'd be going nuts. :P But I don't travel as often as ya. :P

It was nice hanging at the party.