Sunday, June 13, 2010

Weekend of Warmth

So this weekend has had some lovely weather and has been mostly relaxing. I had a list of things to do, of which I have done some and mostly ignored the rest.

This weekend Chrissi has been away in Vegas, which is very nice but has left me at a bit of a loose end. I spend most of my weekend chatting to her or playing games with her, so it's a bit unusual to not have her around! I have been watching bits of the World Cup, but there's so many games on that I don't have the time to watch them all religiously.

I did watch the England game last night though, and having predicted 1-1 in advance and put a small bet on, I was torn between disappointment and smug self-satisfaction at the end. The latter won easily. It was a very poor game, however, and a terrible spectacle. England didn't impress, the US were too defensive, but looked neat without being threatening. Overall very average.

Hopefully there'll be some better games in the weeks ahead!

No comments: