Monday, February 15, 2010

Third Day of the Weekend

Yesterday was somewhat bizarre in that I woke up convinced that it was Monday. I wasn't awake terribly early, but due to having Friday off I had a nagging feeling throughout the day that somehow I should have been working that day.

Today I was, in fact, actually working as it really was Monday. Slightly tedious, undoubtedly, but it has to be done.

The main thing about Mondays though is that it's not the first work day, it's football day! This was not to be, however. While we all assembled at the five a side pitch, it appeared that we would not be playing. The person responsible for the floodlights wasn't. Instead, he decided that he'd ignore us waiting in the dark, ready to play. He would even ignore us when we said we were waiting and offered our receipt as proof of this.

In the end, no football. But on the upside, an earlier evening and more of it to be enjoyed at home.

No comments: