Friday, February 26, 2010

Moments of Repartee

You know that feeling when you are in the middle of an exchange, and the perfect response fails you, and then comes to you later? Where you want to reply with the rapier-like wit of a sitcom character, but just end up stammering like a gibbering idiot?

Well, that didn't happen to me today, as I actually found a line for a near-instant comical response.

Discussion in question was at work, when Nimesh said "You can't mock me, because I have a plan," and I was able to respond instantly with, "Nimesh, Balderick always had a plan."

Comedy gold. For those of you who may not get this, brush up on your Blackadder.

In case you're wondering why so many of my blogs of late have been posted at 11:59pm, it's simply because they're post-midnight but backdating them to this time means they're in the correct day. Nothing more sinister than that.

No comments: