Monday, April 06, 2009

Should I Stay Or Should I Go?

This post title should tell you two things. The first is that recently I've been spending a fair amount of time listening to The Clash.

The second is that I'm starting to have thoughts about my position at work - not negative ones. Essentially, as I am on the graduate trainee scheme, I should move around to another placement in the next six months. However, equally the option may be there for me to become permanent in the role I have now.

It's a bit of an uncertainty for me - I enjoy what I do and feel that I am good at it. There's a decent team I work with, and things are okay at work, I am happy at work. However, there's always the curiousity and temptation of the unknown, as to whether there is anything better out there.

This is obviously enhanced by the fact that my second grad placement was very much of a similar ilk to the first, including being on the same team. There's also the thought in the back of my head at the moment as to whether I can really ignore the prospect of a permanent position in this economic climate; or whether I can realistically hope to get a position I enjoy as much in another role, and then I would be unlikely to have the opportunity to get back to this one.

Decisions, decisions! At least I have time to think about it.

No comments: