Friday, April 24, 2009

Job Idol

After about three weeks of a little uncertainty, I finally have gotten some information on the likelihood of me going permanent in my current role.

Essentially, it's difficult. I'm good at what I do, my boss would like me to stay, my boss' boss would like me to stay. The problem is that we need to find an authority to recruit from somewhere to get me to stay. The fact that the team faces the prospect of dropping to a mere three heads is neither here nor there, we can't even think of keeping people on without approval.

What does this mean? That I have to prove my worth. Not in a 'do your job and do it better', but in an 'explain what you do and why it's so vital to the company that we have to keep you' way. Like an interview, but worse. In essence, it's an audition. I feel like I've morphed into a reality TV program at this point.

So here we have it: Job Idol! Like pop idol, but more depressing. I didn't even think that was possible.

No comments: